Saturday, December 4, 2010

Warm Squash Soup for a Rainy Day


We went to watch the local Christmas parade and pick out our Christmas tree today.  We began decorating the house for the upcoming holidays and I decided to reheat some leftover soup that was perfect for our rainy afternoon!  I broiled a sourdough baguette with butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese to have on the side.

This Butternut Squash Soup is a hit, and I make it often for company.

Here are my changes to the recipe:
Change 4 Tbs Margarine --> 1/2-1 Tbs Unsalted Butter
Change 2 (8 ounce) Packages Cream Cheese --> 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
Change 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper --> Cayenne Pepper to taste - We like it spicier!

1 comment:

  1. I've still got to try this! My butternut squash is sitting my the counter just waiting for me! haha!

    ReplyDelete