Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tuna & Noodles



My go-to recipe, when I have no time, is a lovely dish that my mom always called "Tuna Casserole".  Since I changed my mom's recipe enough that I can't even remember exactly how she makes it any more, I am calling mine "Tuna & Noodles".  I always have the ingredients on hand since my hubby and I do not usually have the time or moolah to eat out.  Here's my recipe:


Tuna & Noodles
from:  Betho's Kitchen
Serves 4
1/2 Tbs butter (or less, just enough to sautee the garlic)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used my handy Garlic Press)
1 can tuna, in water (size of can doesn't matter)
1 tsp fresh ground pepper (more or less, to taste)
1 can (15 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
1/2 C milk (more or less for consistency)
1/2 C shredded cheese (colby jack, cheddar, mozzarella, whatever you have on hand)
Cayenne pepper (to taste)
1/2 lb of your favorite pasta noodles
1 can (15 ounce) olives (or 2 cans if you're like me & crack one open to munch on while I'm cooking!)
Parmesan Cheese
  1. In a large pot, heat water for pasta to boiling (according to package directions).
  2. In a medium pot, over medium high heat, melt butter and add garlic.  Cook until light brown.
  3. Empty water from tuna can, and add tuna to garlic mix and sprinkle with pepper, and stir until tuna is heated through.
  4. Add cream of mushroom soup to tuna mix.  Pour milk into can and give it a good swirl to get any leftover soup out of the can, and then dump the milk into the pot.  Turn heat down to low.
  5. Your water for the noodles should be boiling by now, so put the pasta in the water, give it a good stir, and set the timer for the noodles to cook.
  6. Shred cheese for sauce (if you haven't already), and put into tuna sauce.  Stir until cheese is melted.  Add a dash of cayenne pepper.  We like ours spicy, so it's probably 1/4 tsp that we put in.
  7. Stir the noodles one more time.
  8. Get out your bowls or plates.
  9. Drain the pasta when it's done and put it into your dishes.  Pour sauce over the top of the noodles, place what remaining olives you have on top, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese!
Voilà!  You have a quick, easy, tasty (probably unhealthy) meal!  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment