Friday, December 17, 2010

Unbaked #3 - Gifts in a Jar...



As I mentioned in a previous post, I was really excited to make "sand art style" food mixes as Christmas gifts.  Here is my practice run with a pumpkin muffin recipe.  I'm really excited about this one having read that article on using my muffin tin more often!

Since pouring all the ingredients into the jar wasn't as pretty as I hoped, I grabbed a butter knife & pushed the spices down the sides of the jar to drag them into a "drippy" pattern.  I stuffed cranberries into the top, printed out the directions on card stock, and used a piece of paper ribbon to tie it onto the mix.  I am going to place the can o' pumpkin in some tissue paper & stick the two items into a nice brown paper bag...  That wrapping project will probably also result in a blog entry.

I liked this project since it didn't take long.  I am already envisioning an assembly line in the kitchen & roping my husband into helping!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Betho! You are so creative and thoughtful in your gift giving!

    Can't wait to see how the wrapping turns out!

    ReplyDelete