Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Girl & Her Lemon Tree


When I got married and moved into my husband's house, I discovered that his previous "bachelor pad" was rich in surprises.  Yes, I may have found things in the kitchen cupboards that roommates had left behind a little longer ago than I would have thought possible, but I found some real treasures in the yard.  I learned that I was not only the joint owner of three pineapple guava trees (I'm still learning what to do with this weird fruit), but also a giant Meyer lemon tree that produces all year!

In the last couple years, we have made many variations of lemonade, lemon bars, french toast, scones, etc.  We even throw them down the garbage disposal to freshen it up from time to time.  I stumbled upon a lemon cookie recipe in the latest Taste of Home Holiday magazine that my mother-in-law gifted to me for Christmas!  My sister & I had a blast making these because they are much easier than they taste.  If you have a lemon tree, I highly recommend a citrus juicer to keep up with all the fruit.  We received one as a wedding gift, and we use it at least once a week!

2 comments: