Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crafty AND Edible?!



While trying to think of Christmas gifts that we can frugally make this year, my hubby & I saw some great gifty ideas for sale at Avila Valley Barn, and other local apple farm gift shops that got us to thinking "ooh, I can make that."  Muffin mixes!  I have leftover, unused jars from my failed attempt to make homemade guava jelly last year, and they are just begging to be filled with sand art style mixes.  One that I can't wait to try is this Cornbread Mix!  However, for dinner last night my hubby asked for tacos.  I realized, much to my dismay, that I was out of my favorite taco seasoning so I typed in "recipes in a jar for gifts" into that one search engine that everyone loves, and came up with this!  I added about a half teaspoon of salt to the cooked taco meat since the spices were a tad bland, but overall I give this recipe an B+.  (Yes, I know the picture isn't the most appetizing thing since it's just leftover taco meat.)



This week is also potluck week for our bible study group.  I offered to bring some holiday fudge as my dessert contribution.  My mom has been making this fudge for as long as I can remember, and it's so easy!  Fantasy Fudge has the smooth creamy richness that all fudge should have.  I use 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of squares because I usually have a giant bag (again from Costco) of them tucked away in my freezer.  This fudge will always cure any kind of chocolate craving as far as I'm concerned!

1 comment:

  1. This blog is awesome! I love it! A fantastic idea too! Thanks for sportin' my bloggie button! You should create one for me to post on my sidebar too!

    I'm going to have to try that fudge recipe! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete