Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello, Sweet Christmas Flavored Bread!



I absolutely love this time of year!  Mine, so far, has been filled with home baked goodies involving CRANBERRIES!  I had a coupon for Costco's giant (and I mean ginormous) bag of Craisins, and they have been getting into just about everything from salads to breads to desserts!  As I scoured the pages of my trusty, tried & true Fannie Farmer Cookbook for a recipe that I had yet to try, I came upon this cranberry filled gem:  Cranberry Nut Bread.  It's very cakey and sweet with just enough orange zing.  It's perfect with coffee on a brisk morning, or a hot cup of mulled apple cider while sitting in front of the fireplace.  Don't leave out the walnuts (like I did this time), because they really tie it together!

1 comment:

  1. I totally made cranberry bread today! Yours looks so good! And I love your pictures! You're doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete