Saturday, February 12, 2011

Melt In Your Mouth Lemony Goodness

Who doesn't love a good lemon bar?  Ok, I guess not everyone is keen on lemon flavored sweetness, but here they are nonetheless!

I found this lemon bar recipe shortly after we got married when I was searching for more ways to use all those lemons falling off the tree in my front yard.  What I didn't notice when I made them the first time was that it called for "confectioner's sugar" (aka powdered sugar), and I used good ol' granulated sugar.  When I realized my mistake (about the 4th time I made these bars), I figured...  it works, why change it?!  I have to admit I did try using powdered sugar for the "crust" once, and they tasted funny!  My hint is to mix the crust just enough that it sticks together, but that it's still crumbly, and to make sure you dust the bars with powdered sugar just before they are served because otherwise it just soaks in.

1 comment: