Friday, February 11, 2011

The Very Best Brownies


My mom & I found this recipe for Easy Double Chocolate Chip Brownies when I was in middle school trying to raise funds for winter camp.  Years later, while trying to impress my boyfriend (now husband) with my mad baking skills, everything went wrong and the charred brownies flew out of the oven and onto the floor barely missing my beau's feet!  We had a good laugh about it, but they've turned out right every time since then...  I still can't believe he actually let me try again!  That's true love!

My tips:
I keep my giant 72 ounce bag o' chips from Costco in the freezer at all times!  I don't put nuts in the brownies because I don't always know if the people I plan to share with can have them.  I only bake them for 17 minutes and serve them quickly after they come out of the oven with whipped cream, chocolate sauce & caramel sauce.  They just melt in your mouth, and the little bits of chips that you stir in at the end add that extra-chocolatey-ooey-gooey-goodness!

1 comment:

  1. These are the best brownies ever. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Jennifer "Gigi"

    ReplyDelete