Wednesday, April 16, 2014

No Bake Cookies, Low-Iodine Style


I recently posted this picture on Facebook, so I'm going to share the recipe here.  I'm notorious lately for adjusting recipes on my first try.  Thankfully, I didn't fail on this one.  I figured that even if they didn't setup, I'd just sit there with a spoon and eat the soupy, sugary mess from the pan...

Since I didn't have any salt-free peanut butter for this recipe (page 109), I used the raw almonds I had on hand to make almond butter (soooo easy thanks to the awesome food processor from my mom).  It turned out a little more dry than I expected, so I added a little almond milk and less oats.  I think they taste pretty good!  This is coming from a girl that can't currently have foods containing iodine (dairy, processed food, and anything and everything containing iodized salt), so take that into consideration...  I may just want the chocolate bad enough?

1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Almond Butter
A Pinch of Kosher Salt
2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
1/4 Cup Almond Milk

1.  Mix everything (except milk and oats) over low heat in a medium saucepan until smooth.
2. Add oats, stir well
3. Add milk, stir well.
4. Spoon whatever size cookie you desire onto wax paper and let cool.

I may add chopped almonds next time to give them a little crunch.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment